Thursday, July 12, 2018

Yogurt

Wow. Ok, so... it's been over a year since I last posted, and before that I wasn't posting very frequently. Sometimes life gets busy, and you give yourself silly little excuses why you don't have time, or don't have the energy, or aren't able to do something. Whether that's taking care of yourself (working out, eating right...) or doing other things that are important to you (crafting, blogging...)...

It seems the older we get, the more we find these excuses. I know I have. So I decided at the start of this summer to reflect and look back on me and what I really want to make time for.

And I did.




Turning 30 seems to be a legit border in regards to age.
We often put up imaginary borders, like turning 16, 18, 21... Recently there was a news article that confirmed that mentally we are "teenagers" until around 24! But 30 seems to be a physical one.

I've recently been noticing this, and hearing my friends comment about certain things, now that we're hitting our 30s...

Some take-aways I've noticed:

1. The older I get, the longer my bedtime routine gets. No longer can my skin handle wearing makeup to bed when I'm too lazy to take it off. No longer can I get away with running my hands through my hair to undo the day's tangles. I've started to care about my teeth routine (since not caring = $$$, and I'm in charge of that now!). I'm up to 3 pills a night, for various things (vitamins, allergy, etc...). Sleeping in my contacts is no longer an option. I've started adding stretching before bed, checking the humidifier, and a few other house-related things to the list.


2. Yogurt.

So, funny story... A friend of mine was traveling through Europe this summer and messaged our group text that she got a stomach bug. My first response was, hey make sure to eat yogurt in foreign countries! Thats what my friend and I did last summer, and we were totally fine, while her husband didn't and was not!  So, obviously, taking care of your gut in foreign countries  = yogurt!

Not two days after this conversation I came down with a stomach bug.

I've never been one to get sick, and this was a bad bug. With this conversation fresh in my mind, I realized that I need to take care of my gut at home, too. So I thought, why not eat yogurt at home?
Remembering the Jamie Lee Curtis Activia commercials made me remember that yup, older people need yogurt. Apparently, this is part of growing up.

I'm now eating yogurt at least once a day. And I probably will forever, lol.



---

Anyway, I'm back! And I plan to blog a whole lot more often now. I ran out of excuses (I bought a new computer, which was my biggest excuse, since my old one was suuuuuuper slow!), so here I am!


















No comments:

Post a Comment