Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Guinness Chocolate Pretzel Truffles

This Friday is my family's biggest holiday - St. Patrick's Day!

And with that, we always party hard and make yummy yummy food.

As I started to make my favorite recipe, I realized I hadn't blogged about it before.

So of course I had to fix that, asap!

So here we go!



I found this recipe on Pinterest a few years ago, and they've been a huge hit.

I always like to double the recipe, because it makes so few. But the thing with cooking candy, you can't actually just double it. You have to make it twice.

Start by making the Guinness reduction. The first time I did it I thought I was super fancy! You only hear about reductions on cooking shows. I was like "oooooo!"


The second time I did it, I created a huge mess all over the stove. All. Over. That's how I learned that the tops of stoves open up so you can clean them! Adulting is learned in stages...

Then you melt the chocolate! My mom makes a lot of things, but she does not like making real candy because it's so finicky.

Melting chocolate into beer while adding butter and stirring constantly is especially hard while fending off a curious kitten and adjusting the heat on a propane stove.



I sent the above photo to my friends and they thought I was eating butter. XD
You need a whole stick for the recipe.


Crushing the pretzel rods up! I tried other methods, they don't work. Also, don't put them in a food processor. They become far too fine for the recipe. 

After I made two batches and combined them in a bowl, I put in in the fridge over night. 


Roll them into balls and cover in crushed pretzel rods. 




Since they were in ball shape, Momo kept trying to hide under the table and reach for them. Unfortunately, my hands were covered in chocolate so I couldn't get a good photo of that.



Gussied up to give out at school on Friday and in a bin to take to the party! 

Enjoy! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment